Translate

Monday 29 January 2018

The Book of Ezra Chapter 5


The Book of Ezra 

Chapter 5



¹ Now the prophets, Haggal and Zechariah son of Iddo, prophesied to the Jews who were in Judah and Jerusalem, in the name of the God of Israel who was over them.


(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 1)



Oh God, my Father, even though we cannot see You with our physical eyes, although there are some who have made this rich experience, You are always there watching over us, like the Shepherd who is always watching over His lambs and sheep in order to ensure their well being. I pray that as always You continue to do so especially in this time of crisis that I am passing through Amen.




² Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel and Jeshua son of Jozadak set out to rebuild the house of God in Jerusalem; and with them there were the prophets of God, helping them.







(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 2)




Oh God my blessed Father I also wish to rebuild the House of God that dwells within me. I wish to furnish it and purify it so that in my body and soul You could find a worthy dwelling place Amen.




³ At the same time Tattenal the governor of the province Beyond the River and Shethar-bozenai and their associates came to them and spoke to them thus, "Who gave you a decree to build this house and to finish this structure?"




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 3)

 


Oh God my Father, the world is full of laws and legislation that one becomes aware of them when one breaks such laws such as when a person is fined for a contravention and decides to contest it. Or when one is accused of a serious crime. I pray oh God my Father, that we adhere to Your ways as much and even more than we adhere to the ways of the world Amen.




⁴ They also asked them this, "What are the names of the men who are building this building?" ⁵ But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, and they did not stop them until a report reached Darius and then answer was returned by letter in reply to it.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verses 4 to 5)





Oh God my beloved Father I thank You for being so fair and reasonable. You made it clear to me that a letter or decree or Court Summons is to be treated likewise and not with aggression or violence. I pray that on Monday at Court I be calm and receptive. I pray that You also keep an eye on me, so that I keep calm and not lose control over myself Amen.  




⁶ The copy of the letter that Tattenal the governor of the province Beyond the River and Shethar-bozenai and his associates the envoys who were in the province Beyond the Tiver sent to King Darius; ⁷ they sent him a report, in which was written as follows: "To Darius the king all peace!



(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verses 6 to 7)





Oh God many letters are sent some with good intentions and some with not so good intentions. I pray that when we communicate in such ways we be careful not to hurt others especially when considering that communication is not reversible and that such letters can end up in the possession of the wrong persons Amen.




⁸ May it be known to the king that we went to the province of Judah, to the house of the great God. It is being built of hewn stone, and timber is laid in the walls; this work is being done diligently and prospers in their hands. ⁹ Then we spoke to those elders and asked them, 'Who gave you a decree to build this house and to finish this structure?'




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verses 8 to 9)

 


Oh, brothers and sisters to whom do we owe our religious life, our values, who inseminated this love for Jesus Christ in us if not the Holy Spirit himself. I thank You oh God my Father for having so and pray that You continue maintaining Your presence that dwells inside of us Amen.




¹⁰ We also asked them their names, for your information, so that we might write down the names of the men at their head.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 10)




Oh God my Father I publicly declare that You are my God and Father the reason for my existence. Amen.




¹¹ This was their reply to us: 'We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth, and we are rebuilding the house that was built many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and finished.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 11)

 


Oh God my Father, if I am ever to be questioned the purpose of why I am praying by means of this blog, my reply would be very similar. I am praying to the most high and loving God. I am his servant who is being used in repair and maintenance of a Church that HE founded many years ago and which according to His Holy Will is still in existence Amen.




¹² But because our ancestors had angered the God of heaven, he gave them into the hand of King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, the Chaldean, who destroyed this house and carried away the people to Babylonia.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 12)




  Oh God my Father when we live according to Your ways Your blessings will fall on us, however when we decide to go our ways we experience the consequences of our actions and end up in serious trouble Amen.





¹³ However, King Cyrus of Babylon, in the first year of his reign, made a decree that this house of God should be rebuilt.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 13) 

 


Oh God my beloved Father, You are the one who allows us to experience tribulations and crisis, however on the other hand You are the one who delivers us out of the situation of crisis. I thank You for doing so my God and Father Amen. 




¹⁴ Moreover, the gold and silver vessels of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple in Jerusalem and had brought into the temple of Babylon, these King Cyrus took out of the temple of Babylon, and they were delivered to a man named Sheshbazzar, whom he had made governor. ¹⁵ He said to him, "Take these vessels; go and put them in the temple in Jerusalem, and let the house of God be rebuilt on its site."





(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verses 14 to 15) 





Oh God my Father, precious articles such as chalices that are consecrated items are to remain in the possession of the Roman Catholic Church or other churches where the Holy Eucharist is celebrated. Such items are never to be stolen Amen as in the following video clip credited to WDSU NEWS.




Case of stolen Chalices  





¹⁶ Then this Sheshbazzar came and laid the foundations of the house of God in Jerusalem; and from time to time until now it has been under construction, and it is not yet finished.




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 16)





Oh God my beloved Father, it is more than true that the Roman Catholic Church and its followers such as myself are not the finished product but works in progress. I pray that as Master Builder You continue the design until the project reaches the aim for which it was built Amen.





¹⁷ And now, if it seems good to the king, have a search made in the royal archives there in Babylon to see whether a decree was issued by King Cyrus for the rebuilding of this house of God in Jerusalem. Let the king send us his pleasure in this matter."




(The Book of Ezra Chapter 5 verse 17)





Oh God my Father some of us tend to believe in You but not in the Roman Catholic Church, however it was You Yourself who gave the keys of the kingdom to Peter and the related authority. It was You who wanted new disciples to be elected. You Yourself taught us how to pray and what to pray and You Yourself wanted us to keep on commemorating this way of worship to the very day. I pray that You keep on updating us by means of the Holy Spirit so that the Roman Catholic Church and other churches will keep on fulfilling the roles that You gave to them and keep on saving many souls from perdition Amen.




Oh God my Father, I would like to end this meditation on the fifth chapter on the book of Ezra with the following prayer.




Dear Brothers and Sisters in all the churches including the Roman Catholic Church, may all who have been given gifts by the Holy Spirit use them for the benefit of the same church and its followers. May we be active and not passive. This is a time of unity and renewal, may we all be united under the power of the Holy Spirit and let ourselves be led by Him Amen. 

 
 


 












No comments:

Post a Comment